Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 17
I was extremely afraid that the police would arrest my father. Mom wasn't covering her face in outdoors now as i thought that this wasn't the time to worry about not dressing properly. I realised that Dad was actually trying to bribe the police in order for them not to catch him. I felt that Dad hadn't got any more money. Now the police were gone, but they might come back anytime to arrest Dad. I felt tensed and worried. My parents told me that we would be moving to Australia in a few days' time.

Day 18
As we alighted from the bus, Dad asked the driver if he was coming too but he said that Dad would be met at the end of the flight and taken to the boat. Boat? That was the first time i crossed over this word. I guessed that Australia didn't have a lot of airports. Suddenly, there were some men checking our bags for any metal objects as metal objects are forbidden beyond this area. I was scared that they discovered our candlestick which we had kept in this for a long time.

Day 19
The plane was taking off and we should be excited for our first flight as we were safe and together. However, we were not. I noticed that we were safe in this plane as the firearms were hidden in the secret compartments but i was wrong. This was a passenger plane and there weren't any firearms. Now that we did not have the candlestick with us, we had to look out for one another.

Day 20
Dad reassured me that we were away from the government for a long distance and we did not have to worry. Bibi and i were impatient and wanted to know immediately which boat was ours. I thought that every passengers had paid for this trip and as long as we gave the tickets to the smugglers, they would not leave us here. Suddenly i saw the boy; the boy who tried to steal my ball in the camp. He was trying to tackle me while he said that the ball was his. The naive boy said that he would give us the ball if Bibi would be willing to be his girlfriend. Bibi was furious and ran against the boy and kicked him hardly. The boy tried to grab the ball but Bibi gave the ball a hard kick and it flew across and landed into the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment