Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 15
I have been cracking my brains to help to find where how to get to Australia together with Dad. Refugee camps are rare to find children. Suddenly, a boy asked me if i wanted to buy some water. He had a gloomy face and with a plastic bottle. I declined. He kept trying to coax me into buying it, which cost only 50 cents. I asked him if he wanted to play, he nodded, so i passed the ball to him. He ran away with it, i was dumbfounded. I chased after him and finally, he dropped my ball and ran away. I'm tempted to catch that kid. I thought that those people at the spot were sick but i was wrong, they were actually hungry, waiting for a food shipment as the guy in the truck told me. Someone sitting behind the truck with yellow hair told me that Australia was the best country in the world. He must be Australian. I was excited. He said that government in Australia encouraged girls to play soccer. I was amazed.

Day 16
I was lost. Just then, i thought of an idea. If i made some bread, Dad would be able to smell it about fifty kilometres away as it was in his blood, he could sense it. I just need flour, water, salt and an oven. Soon, the 'thief' came up to me and said that he could bring me to my parents just for a dollar. Howver, i did not have one. Thus, he wanted my ball and i was shocked. I would not give him for sure. Fortunately, the boy pulled me out of the camp and dragging me to a car. I could not believe my luck as they can help me find my family and even tell us how to get to Australia. However the gloomy kid let go of my hand and nudged through the crowd. I tried to follow but failed. Then, i tried to do football skills and yelled at the crowd telling them not to push by attracting their attention. They did not hear me. I tried to look for him but to no avail. I started to look for a place to build a bread oven. Finally, i saw it, it was our tent with Mum and Bibi with anxious faces. There was something happening that made me panic, it was the police surrounding around Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment