Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 11
I was scared, my father's ears turned pink, which was a dangerous sign. He promised that my mum would be fine. We always keep promises in our family. I hate Afghanistan. Just because the government hated music, we could not listen to music. Dad said that he had to leave us at the football stadium as he had to look for mum. I was worried and scared. I did not want to lose mum and dad.

Day 12
People were milling outside the football stadium. We thought the government had given permission for selecting players for the national team. We were excited. As we found seats, we saw an army truck driving in. I was shocked. Women were dragged out of the truck, their hands were tied up. Unfortunately, i spotted one of them to be my mother. I was horrified, i dared not to believe it. I didn't know why mum was here. Soldiers stood behind the women and pointed their guns at them. A taxi drove in and mum was running towards it. I struggled to breathe, the driver was actually Dad. I felt numb as i could rarely move.

No comments:

Post a Comment