Day 8
Yusuf's grandfather was chuckling so loudly that i scared he would wake Bibi up. He was watching the soccer match and a Liverpool striker was sent off for kicking the Chelsea goalkeeper in the head. If Bibi woke up and found out that father and mother were missing, she would panicked. He kept chortling,'Overboard'. In English, overboard means to do something that is bold, wild, dangerous and daring. I did not want to sleep. The next match is Charlton Athletic fighting for survival against Manchester United. If they lost, they will be relegated out of the English Premier League. I tried to think of a plan. I wondered if my football skills could inspire the gonvernment to start a national team and not being cross with the person's parents even if they ran an illegal school. I hope to be a star of Afghanistan. In order for it to work, i have to practise.
Day 9
I would wait for everyone to be asleep then i would sneak outside to practise my football skills. I couldn't sleep as i could not get off the things i was worried of off my mind. Suddenly, Bibi found out that i had sneaked out to practise. I was trembling when she hissed. Bibi also wanted to play. She started dribbling and asked me to get it from her. I got in with my fastest tackle, but it failed. Then, she gave a penalty shot which i had ever seen the most incredible kick in my life. It flew against the door of our house. Unfortunately, our house exploded! I was mouth agaped. The government had blown up our house.
Day 10
I felt a jab into my bruised and numb brain. I wondered where Mum was. Mum wanted us to go a place in the city and we would see Mum tomorrow, Dad said. Bibi said that if Mum was not fine, she would be cross. Dad hugged Yusuf's grandfather and said that it was time for us to go. I tried to give Yusuf my football as i had blown it up but he refused. He said that i would need it wherever i went. I thanked him and he said that he would miss me. We bade farewell. We took a taxi and Dad said,'' Mum still had more school parents to warn.'' I really hoped that we would be togther as a family tomorrow. We may not be in Manchester but we would always be united. My heart was thumping, i wanted it to be true.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment