Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 30
There was another boat coming towards us. I thought that it was Mum and Dad's boat but it was too big to be theirs. Inmy astonishment, they were pirates. Some of them jumped onto our deck. I knew that the smugglers and sailors were abandoning us. The pirates were looking for girls who were out of doors without their parents; they are as bad as the government. The pirate saw my soccer ball and wanted to give it a slight kick but my leg responded so fast that i slid it to one side and the pirate fell down. He was furious and gave me a kick in the hip. I felt a pain seared through me. I was anxious as i scared that he would take Bibi away although i was in pain. The pirates were gone.

Day 31
I dreamt that i was the Dubbo Abattoirs United and i was dribbling the ball. I also dreamt that Mum and Dad were smiling among the spectators. Soon. i woke up and Bibi was clutching onto me. I saw a huge wave crashing down onto us. I was shcoked.

Day 32
I could not find Rashida and Omar. Bibi and I were sticked together due to our belts and we were starving. We were drained out and i thought that Bibi, as a female, could not keep this going this long. They didn't understand how she could do it but i knew how; her father was a baker.

Day33
Some people on the deck were yelling and screaming. They sounded terrified. I did not dare to see what was happeneing but i found out that Rashida was alive. Towering over us, there was a warship, Some of the guns were longer than our whole boat and there were machine guns pointing at us. I recognised the warship's flag, it was the Australians'. I was so happy that i told Bibi and Rashida the good news. They had come to rescue us.

Day34
I was on cloud nine when i saw Andrew. Andrew touched Bibi's forehead and noticed that her fever was gone. Andrew gave us some food as we seemed to be very hungry. I was grateful to him. Andrew felt sorry and i was curious why he felt that way. I asked him if anything had happened to my Mum and Dad but he declined. He said that their boat must had taken a different route. Rashida was a bit dehydrated and she was being attended then. Andrew looked abit puzzled when he left me to eat alone. I wondered what he was thinking.

Day 35
We were almost in Australia. We still could not see Mum and Dad's boat. Andrew was over-protective than Mum as he shouted at us not to lean out too far. Andrew promised me that he would be able to find Mum and Dad's boat soon. Finally, Andrew welcomed us to our new home: a dusty compound. I noticed that Andrew was giving me a strange look. I though that Mum and Dad could be sitting shipwrecked on a remote island. I was extremely grateful towards Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment